Am I living life responsive to God’s Spirit?
“Those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.” (Romans 8:14; cf. Galatians 5:16-26, Ephesians 5:18)
Watch the Sunday morning message with Steve Waker addressing Q7 HERE. Find iPath Question7 on the lower right and click GO.
Forge The Conviction
- The Holy Spirit, by Charles Ryrie. Available HERE
- Read the book of Acts; circle with a colored pencil every instance of the Holy Spirit; ask, “How important is the Holy Spirit in the life of believers?”
- John 3
- Watch the DVD or read, The Forgotten God, by Francis Chan. Available HERE
- Ponder the following Scriptures and commit at least one to memory: (Romans 8:14, Galatians 5:16-26, Ephesians 5:18)
Learn The Skill
- Look for a challenging moment requiring you to respond beyond what you think possible, and ask the Spirit of God to fill and control you, so you respond as Christ would.
Develop The Habit
- Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire, by Jim Cymbala. Available HERE
Make The Decision
- Make an iTunes list of the music that most encourages you to be dependent upon God’s Spirit in your life. Share it with others.
- Use [THIS] Prayer Focus every day for a week, expressing your desire to pursue God wholeheartedly.
- 1) Write in your journal what you’ve learned. 2) Talk over with a friend what has surprised, encouraged or challenged you. 3) Share your thoughts HERE