Am I involved in the worldwide spread of the Good News?
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew28:19-20)
Watch the Sunday morning message with Steve Waker addressing Q12 HERE. Find iPath Question12 on the lower right and click GO.
Forge The Conviction
- “Made for a Mission” in The Purpose-Driven Life (p. 281-304)
- Read Through Gates of Splendor, by Elisabeth Elliot, about her husband Jim’s martyrdom. Available HERE
- Invite a missionary to your home or out for a meal. Find out what they do, and why.
- In many places of the world today, the cost of Christianity is one’s life. Check out “The Voice of the Martyrs” website HERE and pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ who are under duress.
- Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8.
Learn The Skill
- Learn some basic phrases (e.g. greetings, thanks) in another language
- Interview someone from another culture. Ask about their beliefs about life.
- Identify a short-term missions project (e.g. Guatemala and China), commit to support one of the project team members with a financial gift, and pray for them while they are on their trip. Spend time with them when they return and hear about their experience.
Develop The Habit
- Adopt a country of your choice. Learn all about it, including where it is, what it’s like, it’s government, flag, population, religions, music, culture, food, etc. Become an expert on the country. You might want to have a file on your computer, or start a notebook with your notes and discoveries. Decide to pray daily for this country. Operation World HERE is an excellent resource to help.
Make The Decision
- Participate in the annual Samaritan’s Purse Christmas Shoebox program
- Go on a short-term missions trip (e.g. Guatemala, China). Contact Pastor Mike Kildal for information.
- Make an iTunes list of the music that most encourages you that God loves the world. Share it with others.
- Adopt a child through Compassion International or World Vision
- 1) Write in your journal what you’ve learned. 2) Talk over with a friend what has surprised, encouraged or challenged you. 3) Share your thoughts HERE
- Give an additional amount of money monthly to support a missionary